Map of Nafplion
Nafplion is a small but picturesque town of roughly 15.000 inhabitants. On the map you will find the location of the venues of the conference, the conference hotel, major museums, archaeological sites and restaurants.
How to get to Nafplion from Athens Airport
- If you are driving, please check out the link further down.
- If you plan to get a bus to Nafplion, you can either take a taxi or bus to the Central Bus Station at Kifissos.
- Bus Route X93 takes you from the airport to the Central Bus Station. The bus stop is between Exit 4 and 5 at the arrival level and buses leave every 30-40 minutes. The ticket costs 6 euros and the drive takes around 60 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can catch a taxi at the airport. It will take 30 minutes and cost roughly 32 euros. There is an extra charge for luggage over 10 kg and a night tariff.
- If you don't want to hail a taxi at the airport, a taxi can be arranged to pick you up upon arrival. Please contact Ioanna Christoforaki in advance.
How to get to Nafplion by bus
- There are frequent buses to Nafplion leaving from the Central Bus Station in Athens roughly every one and a half hour.
- The first bus from Athens to Nafplion leaves at 6:15 am Monday-Friday (7: 30 am on Saturday and Sunday) and the last one at 21:30 (22:30 on Sundays and holidays).
- The first bus from Nafplion to Athens is at 5:00 am Monday-Friday (6:30 am on Saturday and Sunday) and the last one at 20:00 (20:30 on Sunday).
- Tickets costs 14.40 euros (one way) and the trip lasts two hours and ten minutes.
- For more information, go to KTEL Argolidas, the bus company serving Nafplion and the region of the Argolid.
How to get to Nafplion by car
- The easiest and most comfortable way to reach Nafplion is via the Athens ring road, the Attiki Odos.
- When you leave the airport, take the direction to Elefsina. The ring road ends after roughly a 20-minute drive. From there, follow the signs to CORINTH. After a 45-60 min. drive you will cross the Corinth Canal, designated as ISTHMOS on the road signs. From follow the signs to TRIPOLIS and KALAMATA. If you find yourself following signs to Patras, then you are on the wrong side of the Peloponnese.
- At the junction of NEMEA, you will see to signs to MYCENAE and NAFPLION. This is the scenic route, taking you through the Argolis plain, via Mycenae and ending in Tiryns.
- When you reach TIRYNS, take a left and drive for about 10 mins. before you reach NAFPLION.
- Hold your breath: You have arrived!
- NB. The road to Nafplion has tolls, varying from 1.10-2.80 euros. Make sure you have some change or notes to pay, as credit cards are not accepted.
- Check out the route here by entering Athens Airport and Nafplio, as your points of departure and destination : from Athens airport to Nafplion by car.
How to get to Nafplion by taxi
- A taxi can be arranged to pick you up, either from the airport or anywhere else in Athens, and drive you to Nafplion.
- The cost is 120-150 euros but this is shared with the other passengers.
- Please contact Ioanna Christoforaki, if you wish to book a taxi for your arrival or departure.
- The hotel booked for conference participants is Elena Hotel on 17, Sidiras Merarchias Str.
- If you are driving, after you enter Nafplion, keep going, until you reach the one and only round-about in Napflion, almost at the feet of Palamidi castle. Turn right and this the road where the hotel is.
- If you arrive by public transport, the hotel is at a walkable distance from the main bus station in Nafplion. Imagine an L-shaped route, with the bus station at the end of the short arm and the hotel at the end of the long one. Walk it backwards and you are there. Check it out on the map.